Home > Index
Inspired by over a century of tradition. Legendary for quality and confidence in all that we do. Ready to help no matter what your legal needs. The lawyers of Gordon Thomas Honeywell - privileged and honored to serve you.
News & Events
- GTH attorneys Eric Gilman and Brad Jones prevailed in a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit involving complex business, real estate, and environmental issues. A disgruntled former business partner alleged that our clients made misrepresentations and breached contracts in a buyout deal, resulting in environmental cleanup liability. During the seven-day trial, Mr. Gilman and Mr. Jones persuaded the U.S. District Court that the plaintiff had ample notice of all relevant conditions and that the suit was the product of buyer’s remorse rather than any wrongdoing. Though the plaintiff identified well over $10 million dollars in supposed damages under a dozen different theories, the Court awarded just $1,500 on a single tangential claim. The clients are seeking an award of the legal expenses they incurred in successfully defending against the action.
- Against strenuous opposition from Snohomish County, GTH attorney Ryan Espegard persuaded the Snohomish County Hearing Examiner that his client had a vested right to operate a marijuana production facility despite Snohomish County’s ban on such uses applicable to his client’s property. Mr. Espegard was dealing with difficult precedent and a trend against honoring development rights, but ultimately obtained a favorable order saving his client’s significant business investment from what otherwise could have been a complete loss. (See copy of Decision Reversing Violation here)
- GTH takes great pleasure in announcing four extraordinary lawyers have been advanced to Partner! Congratulations to Lisa Kremer, Ryan Espegard, Maggie Diefenbach and Yvonne Benson. We are also pleased to announce Travis Mahugh’s promotion to Sr. Associate.
- Jemima McCullum recently closed a $25.15 million dollar sale in Capitol Hill involving the 19th & Mercer Street Apartments, home to a Linda Derschang restaurant and the ever so popular Hello Robin Bakery & Molly Moon ice cream maven. Her client, the Mayer family, is no stranger to real estate. They have been developing single and multi-family housing since the 1950’s. Now they invest exclusively in apartment complexes located throughout Western Washington. This 50-unit apartment building is their first investment in the heart of Seattle and the family is very proud to be a part of such a great neighborhood.
(click on attached article to learn more...)
- At Tacoma Pro Bono Night, October 22, 2015 the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association’s Volunteer Legal Services Program awarded GTH the Law Firm Pro Bono Award for the third consecutive year for our ongoing support of the Neighborhood Legal Clinic. We are proud to recognize Dan Richards, Travis Mahugh, Dianne Conway, Lisa Kremer, Shelly Andrew, Amanda Nathan, Eric Gilman and Sal Mungia as this year’s Tacoma clinic volunteers. We are also proud to recognize Abigail Caldwell, who volunteers for a similar clinic in King County.
And, congratulations to Salvador Mungia who was given the Special Pro Bono Leadership Award, given only once before in the history of VLS.
- GTH welcomes new associate Timothy Parker to our Seattle office. Tim’s previous experience strengthens our expanding Defense Litigation Group.