Appeals are challenging. They can present traps for attorneys unfamiliar with the appellate process. And not all good trial lawyers are effective appellate advocates. That's where GTH's Appellate Advocacy Group comes in. High level appellate advocacy requires special skills, expertise and experience. Our appellate attorneys possess those qualities. When appellate success is critical, parties and their trial counsel turn to Gordon, Thomas, Honeywell.
Gordon, Thomas, Honeywell has assembled a group of dedicated, talented appellate advocates. Over a quarter of the firm's attorneys clerked for state or federal court judges. We have handled numerous appeals in Washington's Courts of Appeals and Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit and other federal district courts, and the United States Supreme Court. Our appellate attorneys are recognized for their exceptional brief writing, insightful analysis, and persuasive oral advocacy.
We provide four categories of services:
- Assuming full responsibility for all aspects of an appeal, including drafting briefs, oral argument and preparing or responding to petitions for review.
- Appellate consulting services, including brief editing and oral argument preparation.
- Consulting at the trial court level to ensure that the case is properly prepared and postured for appeal.
- Writing amicus briefs for clients or organizations.
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Real Estate/Land Use
- Insurance Coverage
- Construction Defect
- Complex Litigation
- Public Utilities