Business Transactions & Advice
Our business lawyers assist clients with all aspects of establishing, operating, building, buying and selling businesses, including choice of entity, capitalization, borrowing and lending, real estate and environmental law, intellectual property, employment practices and defense, business sales and other changes in ownership and form. Our mission is to help our clients achieve their goals in a timely, efficient and innovative manner. In doing this, we provide high quality legal advice and products to clients in a concise and understandable manner.
Areas of Law:
Please access the links below for additional information in those areas we commonly provide our business clients with legal advice:
- Business Formation & Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Trademarks & Copyrights
- Public Records & Open Meetings
Click here to view our Business Law Newsletters.
Representative Energy, Environmental, Water, and Infrastructure Matters
Related to our Business and Real Estate Practices:
- Ongoing representation of Cascadia Development Corporation on all land use, utility, growth management, environmental and real estate matters relating to development of a 4700-acre planned community.
- Land use representation for large and small residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use projects throughout the Puget Sound area.
- Extensive surface mining, natural resources and shoreline work.
- Litigation in State Environmental Policy Act matters.
- Represents developers in mixed-use public/private developments. Recent projects include the City of University Place’s Town Center Project, the City of Bonney Lake’s 184th Street Extension project, Pierce County’s Chambers Bay project, the new Silver Cloud Hotel in Tacoma/Ruston, and the YMCA Project in Kitsap County.
- Represents buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of industrial/office/retail projects, including the purchase and sale of business assets.
- Currently providing Lewis County Public Utility District strategic advice on addressing flooding issues in the Chehalis River Basin.
- Currently working with Sea Breeze Power Corporation to provide strategic advice and intergovernmental coordination on the underwater, underground Juan de Fuca Cable Project, an energy transmission cable connecting the United States and British Columbia.
- Currently working with private clients to address water rights, compliance with the Clean Water Act, potential Shoreline Management Plan rules, and other environmental and natural resource issues.
- Mediated between multiple stakeholders to facilitate solutions to the recharge and management of groundwater resources in the Los Angeles area's Central and West Coast Basins.
- Facilitated the local Regional Transportation Investment District decisions for a regional transportation investment plan for three county Puget Sound area.
- Successfully mediated resolution to forty year litigation over water quality issues in the San Joaquin River Basin in California.
- Worked with multiple stakeholders to determine potential solutions for inter-state protection of instream flows in response to Endangered Species Act issue.
- Currently providing SSA Marine, Inc. strategic and legal advice on long-term terminal development involving a joint venture with the Puyallup Indian Tribe.
- Currently representing Pacific International Terminals on permitting the development of a deep water bulk commodity terminal at Cherry Point.
- Provided strategic and regulatory advice to Wallula Energy Resource Center for combined cycle coal gasification plan for combined carbon capture and geologic sequestration.
- Postema v. Dept. of Ecology hydraulic continuity cases.
- Nnegotiated the Central Puget Sound Water Resource Management Strategy for Governor Locke.
- Represented a large regional municipality regarding water rights issues.
- Developed a new and innovative watershed improvement strategy designed to resolve existing environmental, agricultural, and regulatory issues among multiple parties.
- Presently representing Hampton Affiliates regarding water right matters.