Primary Areas of Practice
- Advise clients on choice of entity and corporate governance issues: corporations, partnerships, LLCs
- Structure, negotiate and close complex financing, merger and acquisition transactions
- Advise on ownership issues: shareholder agreements, options plans and equity participation
- Advise on start-ups, venture capital and private placement transactions
- Resolve disputes between businesses and state government/regulatory agencies
- Negotiate and draft business agreements: leases, NDA, license and employment agreements
- Corporate law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strategic Planning
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Restaurants & Hospitality
- Represented chef/owners of fine dining restaurants in private equity transactions to launch new restaurants, reviewed leases and other agreements. Structured terms of outside investors and drafted limited liability company operating agreement.
- Represented game developer in negotiation and drafting of joint venture agreement with major game publisher and distributor.
- Represented employee owners in spin-out of electronic manufacturing services company from parent, including advising on ownership structure, lease and manufacturing services contract.
- Represented owners of multi-generational beer and wine distributor in sale of business.
- Counsel to venture fund placing funds in private equity transactions, including legal due diligence, review of disclosure documents and preparation of transaction documents.
- Represented owner of sportswear company in sale of business, including purchase and sale agreement, employment agreement and assignment of leases.
- Advised restaurant franchisee on all aspects of the purchase and sale of multiple locations, including franchise agreements, leases, acquisition and sale agreements, health and liquor control board licensing issues.
- Corporate counsel for importer and distributor of electronic components for agricultural market. Advised on credit facilities, distribution agreements and capital structure.
- Represented estate of prior owner in sale of radio station to station manager in secured transaction.
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1991
B.A., University of Washington, 1985
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeWashington State Courts
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. Supreme Court
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Washington State Bar Association
Board member, Washington Law School Foundation, June 2007 – present
Audit Committee Chair, Washington Law School Foundation, July 2009 – present
- Joined firm in 2012
- Principal, Craig Wright Consulting, January 2009 – July 2012
- Chair, Re-Elect Attorney General Rob McKenna, August 2006 – December 2008
- Chief Deputy Attorney General, State of Washington, January 2005 – August 2006
- Manager, McKenna for Attorney General, July 2004 – November 2004
- Chief Operating Officer, Perennial Ventures, February 2001 – December 2003
- Shareholder, Graham & Dunn PC, April 2000 – January 2001
- Member, Ryan Swanson & Cleveland, PLLC, September 1991 – March 2000
- Senior Accountant, Ernst & Young, LLP, May 1985 – September 1988
- Board Member, Amara, June 2009 – present (adoption and foster care agency)
- Board member, Mercer Island Schools Foundation, Feb. 2008 – Feb. 2011
- Member, Rotary Club of Seattle (#4), July 2005 – present
- Board Member, Rotary Club of Seattle (#4), July 2007 – June 2008
- MIT Enterprise Forum