Jemima J. McCullumPartner
Primary Areas of Practice
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Business Transactions & Advice
- Commercial Financing
- Public & Private Partnerships
- Project Development
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2001
magna cum laude
B.A., University of Washington, 1996
magna cum laude
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeWashington State Courts
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
American Bar Association
Washington State Bar Association
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
King County Bar Association
- Joined Firm, 2002
- Equity Partner, 2004
- Board of Directors Member, 2006-2014
- Vice-Chair, 2013-2014
Jemima has handled millions of dollars’ worth of real estate transactions involving almost every sector of the market. She helps her clients through every stage of development, from entity formation, to due diligence, financing, construction, and leasing or resale. Her work for lenders includes creditor rights advice, documentation of new loans and loan workouts, debt collection litigation and work as a trustee or receiver. For borrowers, her work includes debtor rights advice, loan workouts, and short sale negotiations. She has guided her nonprofit and for-profit developer clients through complex bond financings and all aspects of major commercial development projects. Her clients include regional and nationally recognized banks, universities, non-profit organizations, assisted living facilities, private developers, landowners and tenants that have various business and real estate needs. Recently, with the passage of I-502, her work has included advice to landlords, contractors, business owners and tenants on cannabis issues that arise in various industrial and retail lease transactions.
- Tacoma Art Museum (2011-Present): Board Member, Board of Governance Committee Member & Audit Committee Member
- Tacoma Goodwill Industries (2009-2014): Board Member & Finance Committee Member
- Pierce County Washington Women Lawyers (2002 – 2011): Board Member & Past President
- Highline Community College Foundation (2004-2011): Board Member
- ArtsFund (Pierce County) (2007-2008): Campaign Associate
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell® for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Superb 9.4 Rating by Avvo™
- Named to the 2006 and 2008-2015 Rising Stars lists for Real Estate Transactions by Washington Super Lawyers™
- Named among "Top Women Attorneys" by Washington Super Lawyers™ for 2012 & 2013
- Named “Partner of the Year” for 2010 by Gordon Thomas Honeywell LLP
- Named “Top 40 under Forty in South Puget Sound” for 2009 by The Business Examiner™
- Named “2008 Chapter Member of the Year,” Washington Women Lawyers
Publications & Presentations
- Speaker at Medical & Recreational Cannabis in Washington State Conference to be held December 8 & 9, 2015 on the topic of, "Real Estate Concerns in the Cannabis Industry"
- Speaker at Cannabis in Washington State Conference to be held July 30, 2015 on the topic of, "Landlord/Tenant Issues and Concerns Regarding Criminal Exposure and Asset Forfeiture."
- Speaker at Cannabis in Washington State Conference held May 28, 2015 on the topic of, "Negotiating Tips for Real Estate Lease Transactions in the Marijuana Industry."
- Speaker at Cannabis in Washington State Conference,held December 3-4, 2014, on the topic of "Real Estate and Land Use Law"
- Speaker at the 2009 Annual NALS Convention held January 11, 2009, on the topic of "Foreclosure Law 2009."
- Speaker at the Washington Condominium Law Seminar, held October 7, 2005, on the topic of "Creating and Converting Condominiums."