Primary Areas of Practice
Mediation & Arbitration, Facilitation, Negotiations, Mergers And Acquisitions, Crisis Management, Corporate Law, Transactional Law, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Secured Transactions, Contracts, Strategic Planning, Transition Management, Communications, Public Relations, Government Relations, Lobbying, Public Speaking, Leadership, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Auditing, Political Campaigns, Campaign Strategy, Fundraising
As a member of the Environment & Natural Resource Strategies Group at Gordon Thomas Honeywell, we specialize in three areas. First, we continue to be on the cutting edge in mediation and complex negotiation, particularly in the area of natural resource controversies. Second, we have significant experience with natural resource law and strategies for implementing those laws, including such practice areas as the Endangered Species Act, water law, Indian law, forestry practices, fisheries, mitigation and permit compliance, and habitat restoration. Finally, we continue to have exceptional success in developing and obtaining permits for projects. We provide strategic advice and can help develop relationships with and among key parties, including businesses, tribes, and state, local and federal governments. We have a proven track record of success.
Throughout my career, I have focused on getting complex deals done and conflicts resolved. My extensive experience as a transactional business attorney, private sector business executive and CPA, and service as Washington State’s Chief Deputy Attorney General gives me the broad perspective necessary to guide negotiations to a successful conclusion. In addition, my experience in the political and campaign world is valuable in assessing how elected officials may approach issues.
With both private sector and governmental experience, I have the unique perspective of being able to see a problem from both sides of the table, to see areas of common interest that can be used to bridge differences. I help resolve issues arising where business and government intersect; this can include getting a proposed project through the regulatory process; resolving regulatory conflicts; or planning a legal and public affairs strategy for getting a deal done.
Environmental Law, Natural Resources Law, Mediation & Arbitration, Facilitation, Negotiations, Mergers & Acquisitions, Crisis Management, Corporate Law, Corporate Finance, Corporate Transactions, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Contracts, Strategic Planning, Government Relations, Lobbying, and Political Campaigns.
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1991
B.A., University of Washington, 1985
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeWashington State Courts
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. Supreme Court
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Washington State Bar Association
Board member, Washington Law School Foundation, June 2007 – present
Audit Committee Chair, Washington Law School Foundation, July 2009 – present
- Joined firm in 2012
- Principal, Craig Wright Consulting, January 2009 – July 2012
- Chair, Re-Elect Attorney General Rob McKenna, August 2006 – December 2008
- Chief Deputy Attorney General, State of Washington, January 2005 – August 2006
- Manager, McKenna for Attorney General, July 2004 – November 2004
- Chief Operating Officer, Perennial Ventures, February 2001 – December 2003
- Shareholder, Graham & Dunn PC, April 2000 – January 2001
- Member, Ryan Swanson & Cleveland, PLLC, September 1991 – March 2000
- Senior Accountant, Ernst & Young, LLP, May 1985 – September 1988
- Board Member, Amara, June 2009 – present (adoption and foster care agency)
- Board member, Mercer Island Schools Foundation, Feb. 2008 – Feb. 2011
- Member, Rotary Club of Seattle (#4), July 2005 – present
- Board Member, Rotary Club of Seattle (#4), July 2007 – June 2008
- MIT Enterprise Forum